Did you know that your home central heating and cooling system runs approximately 2,000* hours per year? That is like driving nonstop for 130,000 miles doing 65mph in your car! You shouldn’t run your car like that without maintenance, so why would you run you’re air conditioner like that?
Why do you have to have AC maintenance?
Through the year as your heating and cooling systems collect dirt and dust, it becomes unreliable and doesn’t run as efficiently as it should. The outcome is a high utility bill and a costly repair bill.
Important facts on why you need to maintain your air conditioning system:
- The cooling and heating in your home is half of the energy used in your household, so obviously, important decisions concerning your ventilation, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system has a large effect on your utility bills. Making sure proper maintenance of your cooling and heating system – seeing that it’s running efficiently will cut down on your utility bill.
- Homeowners can add more years (in some cases 3-5 years) to the life and efficiency of their air and heating system just by getting it appropriately maintained.
- The cooling and heating system needs regular tune-ups just like your car. With maintenance, your air conditioning system should run the exact temperature you want all day long. Otherwise, without the maintenance you will receive inconsistency with temperatures and experience discomfort because the unit is working too hard.
- Typically, homeowners think of routine maintenance to be too costly. When in actuality, it’s cheaper for routine maintenance than to pay for repairs or replacement, especially at the last minute they have no choice but to call their HVAC service because their air conditioner won’t cool (or heat) and their furnace refuses to ignite. It’s because of poor routine maintenance that then they find themselves paying way more plus have to wait around on the hottest (or coldest) day of the year when their service company is busy with other calls. In the long run, it’s worth the time and money to put your HVAC system on a yearly scheduled check-up.
- Many manufactures mandate routine maintenance to your HVAC. In turn, the routine maintenance will not only validate your manufacturer’s warranty, but will guard you from costly system repairs.
- Lubricating all the moving parts in your HVAC system yearly is important. If they lack lube, it can cause resistance within the motors and can use up more electricity that you normally use. Additionally, it can cause the equipment to wear down a lot quicker which can require more repairs and replacements.
- Inspecting the blower components by adjusting and cleaning them is part of system maintenance. Doing so helps make sure the air conditioner has proper airflow so that you continue to have comfortable temperature levels. Up to 15% of your system’s efficiency is reduced when you have airflow problems.
- It is important that homeowners inspect, change or clean the air filters in their central cooling and heating system at least once a month to avoid high energy bills and damage to their system which can result in premature system failure.
*Average usage/year = 6 hours/day x 7 day/week x 4 weeks/month x 12 months = 2016 hours/year.
Cut your cooling cost by regularly having a licensed technician thoroughly check and tune up your system. Below is an example of one of our service agreements.
This agreement is between the purchaser and Air Around the Clock A/C Service, Inc. for the purpose of providing preventive maintenance on the Air Conditioning and Heating equipment.
Routine inspection will follow factory recommended procedures and will include the following checklist as applicable to your air conditioning system.
- Clean filters
- Test for refrigeration leaks
- Treat condensate pan with algae tabs
- Clear drain line
- Adjust belt tension
- Check thermostat operation
- Check refrigerant pressure
- Lubricate bearings
- Inspect safety controls
- Check amps & volts
NO SERVICE CALL CHARGES FOR AIR CONDITIONING & APPLIANCES. WE WILL PROVIDE AIR CONDITIONING AND MAJOR APPLIANCE REPAIRS AT A 10% DISCOUNT. ALL LABOR, PARTS & MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR REPAIRS OR EMERGENCY SERVICE WILL BE CHARGED TO YOU AT OUR STANDARD RATES, LESS A DISCOUNT OF 10%. WE’LL GIVE A 10% DISCOUNT TOWARDS ANY NEW AIR CONDITIONING PURCHASE.
Furnish you with a completed copy of the service engineer’s report indicating work accomplished during the inspection, and recommendations of any work that should be done.
Instruct you in the operation of the equipment to provide the greatest operating efficiency.
Give ENERGY SAVINGS AGREEMENT HOLDERS “PREFERENTIAL” SERVICE over all other types of service activity normally undertaken by ATC.
Contact us today to learn more about Air Conditioner Service Agreements.
Servicing in Broward, South Palm Beach and North Dade counties, with thousands of satisfied customers. Same day or next day service is available. Call anytime to speak to a person, no answering machines are used at Air Around the Clock. Personalized service is the key and the reason we have been voted the #1 Rheem contractor since 2007.
Find out how much you can save
when you purchase a new
air conditioning and heating system