Did you know that your home central heating and cooling system runs approximately 2,000 hours per year? That is like driving nonstop for 130,000 miles doing 65 mph in your car! You shouldn’t run your car like that without Ac Maintenance, so why would you run your air conditioner like that?
Why do you have to have Ac Maintenance? Through the years as your heating and cooling systems collect dirt and dust, it becomes unreliable and doesn’t run as efficiently as it should. The outcome is a high utility bill and a costly repair bill.
Here are some important facts as to why you need to consider Ac Maintenance:
• The cooling and heating in your home is half of the energy used in your household. It is an important decision concerning your ventilation, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system has a large effect on your utility bills. You can cut down on your utility bill by making sure you have proper ac maintenance of your cooling and heating system to keep it running efficiently.
• Homeowners can add more years (in some cases 3-5 years) to the life and efficiency of their A/C just by keeping it appropriately maintained.
• The A/C system needs regular tune-ups just like your car. With proper Ac Maintenance, your air conditioning system should run the exact temperature you want all day long. Otherwise, without ac maintenance there will be inconsistency with temperatures and likely some discomfort because the unit is working too hard.
• Typically, homeowners think of routine ac maintenance to be too costly. When in actuality, it’s cheaper for routine ac maintenance than to pay for repairs or compete replacement, especially at the last minute when they have no choice but to call their HVAC service because their air conditioner won’t cool (or heat) and their furnace refuses to ignite. In the long run, it’s worth the time and money to put your A/C system on a yearly scheduled check-up.
• Many manufactures mandate routine maintenance to your air conditioning system. In turn, the routine maintenance will not only validate your manufacturer’s warranty, but will guard you from costly system repairs.
• Lubricating all the moving parts in your HVAC system is important. If they lack lube, it can cause resistance within the motors and can use up more electricity than necessary. Additionally, it can cause the equipment to wear down quicker, which can require more repairs and replacements.
• Inspecting the blower components by adjusting and cleaning them is part of system Ac Maintenance and doing so helps make sure the air conditioner has proper airflow. This function allows the A/C system to maintain comfortable temperature levels. Up to 15% of your system’s efficiency is reduced when you have airflow problems.
• It is important that homeowners inspect, change or clean the air filters in their A/C system at least once a month to avoid high energy bills and damage to their system, which can result in premature system failure.
*Average usage/year = 6 hours/day x 7 day/week x 4 weeks/month x 12 months = 2016 hours/year.
Cut your cooling cost by regularly having a licensed technician thoroughly check and tune up your system. Below is an example of one of our service agreements.
This agreement is between the purchaser and Air Around the Clock A/C Service, Inc. for the purpose of providing preventive maintenance on the air conditioning and heating equipment.
Routine inspection will follow factory recommended procedures and will include the following checklist as applicable to your air conditioning system.
•Clean air conditioning filters
•Test for A/C refrigeration leaks
•Treat condensate pan with algae tabs
•Clear air conditioning drain line
•Adjust A/C belt tension
•Check air conditioning thermostat operation
•Check A/C refrigerant pressure
•Inspect A/C safety controls
•Check amps & volts
THERE ARE NO SERVICE CALL CHARGES FOR AIR CONDITIONING & APPLIANCES. WE WILL PROVIDE AIR CONDITIONING AND MAJOR APPLIANCE REPAIRS AT A 10% DISCOUNT. ALL LABOR, PARTS & MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR REPAIRS OR EMERGENCY SERVICE WILL BE CHARGED TO YOU AT OUR STANDARD RATES, LESS A DISCOUNT OF 10%. WE’LL GIVE A 10% DISCOUNT TOWARDS ANY NEW AIR CONDITIONING PURCHASE.
We furnish you with a completed copy of the service engineer’s report indicating work accomplished during the inspection and recommendations of any work that should be done.
We instruct you in the operation of the A/C equipment to provide the greatest operating efficiency.
We give ENERGY SAVINGS AGREEMENT HOLDERS “PREFERENTIAL” SERVICE over all other types of service activity normally undertaken by ATC.