Mold Gets 10 Years to Life
Typical Air Duct before cleaning
Prior to application ofFoster 40-20 coating, fungal wipe samples on the fibrous glass duct liner
showed average fungal levels of 45,000 colony forming units per square centimeter (cfu/cm2).
After cleaning & coating
Same duct 10 yrs. later
After ten years the fungal wipe samples from the coating surface areas
showed an average of 7 cfu/cm2 -meaning nominal growth!
- Air diffusers, grilles and registers are thoroughly washed, reset to previous positions and put back into place.
- Air Handler equipment, including all fresh air intake and return ducts, heating and cooling coils, and fans should be thoroughly WASHED to purge them of dirt and contaminants.
- Where necessary we may event cut access panels into hard-to-reach areas to assure you of the most through cleaning job possible. Our Vacuum cleaners feature a HEPA filtering system to maximize dirt removal and containment. High efficiency HEPA vacuums are used where air quality especially critical.
- While Most companies simply vacuum as far they can reach into ducts, Air Quality Control specialists use MANUAL ENTRY to effectively reach and clean those hard to get areas within your ducts and HVAC system.
- Other Services
Sanitizing: For added protection against bacteria virus, fungus and mold within the HVAC system, your AQC specialist will apply a highly effective, EPA registered sanitizer to the interior surfaces of the ductwork and air handling equipment.
Surface coating: Where fiber-glass lined ductwork or duct board has become deteriorated or contaminated, an application of a protective coating can be applied to prevent fibers from breaking loose and entering the air flow. Additionally, this coating contains an antimicrobial agent that provides long term protection against the re-growth of mold and bacteria.
A: HEPA is an acronym for “high efficiency particulate air”. Basically HEPA is a type of filter that can trap a large amount of very small particles that other vacuum cleaners would simply recirculate back into the air of your home.
Before & After Photos
Here are some interesting facts to consider:
- Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association & EPA)
- 20% of all illnesses are either caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
- The average 6-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year. (Discover Magazine)
- The levels of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air has been found to be up to 70 times greater than in outdoor air. (USEPA)
- Studies have shown that two out of three indoor air quality problems involve the HVAC/Air Duct System.
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies.
- One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. (Total Health and Better Health Magazines)
- 10-12 million Americans suffer from Asthma. (American College of Allergists)
- Children and the elderly are especially affected by polluted indoor air. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
- Most commercially available fiberglass furnace filters are less than 7% efficient. (ASHRAE)
We are members of:
We are Certified as:
CIE, CMR, ASCS, VSMR
American Indoor Air Quality Council – (AIAQC) Certified:
Certified Indoor Environmentalist – (CIE)
Certified Mold Remediator – (CMR)
National Air Duct Cleaners Association – (NADCA) Certified:
Air System Cleaning Specialist – ASCS
Ventilation System Mold Remediator (VSMR)
Servicing in Broward, South Palm Beach and North Dade counties, with thousands of satisfied customers. Same day or next day service is available. Call anytime to speak to a person, no answering machines are used at Air Around the Clock. Personalized service is the key and the reason we have been voted the #1 Rheem contractor since 2007.
Find out how much you can save
when you purchase a new
air conditioning and heating system